Accessing Caller ID

Alan Young alansyoungiii at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 17:13:51 MST 2005

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 16:49:57 -0700, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:
> Looks like they both work.

Hmmm.  I misunderstood then.  I thought one had been turned off.  Oh well.

> This is kinda generic.  They do have caller id boxes that get access to
> caller id just fine.  Are you talking about in a server like asterisk or
> something?  What is it you are trying to do?

I have a client who wants to have his main computer to popup a window
that displays as much info as possible on an incoming call, polling a
db if possible.

I can do everything except for accessing the caller id information.  I
don't know how to do that.  I've heard that you could just do it off
of a modem that understands caller id, but I don't know how.
--
Alan