Dual head on Dell Latitude D600

Justin Gedge jgedge at amis.com
Tue Feb 8 11:43:39 MST 2005

is the problem that of getting multihead configured-- or is it the issue
of changing between single head and multihead on the fly?
Are you trying to set it up the old school way with :0.0 for your main
display and :0.1 for your next monitor, or are you trying to go w/
xerinima[probably spelled it wrong -- i have enough trouble pronouncing
it] mode [one large desktop].  Kind of curious.

my experience is w/ the more traditional where each display gets it's
own ``session'' :0.1 etc...

Either way my guess is that to change things on the fly-- you'd have to
have two sets of config files and link to the file(s) that correspond to
you current setup.  Shutdown X, change links over to new setting,
restart X.  I'm not sure how well this will work with running
applications.  Probably not well at all... unless they've added some
cool features to X recently.