possibly OT; OSX SMB authentication problem

Josh Frome jfrome at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 09:48:35 MST 2005

Hey everyone,

I realize this might  be off topic, but hear me out!  I am working on
a new Powerbook with OSX 10.3.7 and somehow something broke and I
cannot access smb based networks.  I have checked and rechecked
passwords, users, and permissions etc.  It was working fine last week,
and no changes have been made to the server.  I can browse the
network, and the server alias is created but comes up with a "missing
alias" error when I try to connect.  After trying to connect, the
console error message is the following:

dyld: /sbin/mount_smbfs can't open library:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Kerberos  (No
such file or directory, errno = 2)

Upon doing some digging, i found that there is nothing in the
Kerberos.framework directory.

Also, I get similiar errors when trying to run the keychain app.

I have run "Fix permissions" serveral times, thinking that some
wayward installer chmod'd it incorrectly, but no dice.

I have googled this for the last week, and have come up with nothing
useful, or rather, no one else that has recreated the problem.

Any suggestions would be great,

Thanks,

Josh