New Plug Site

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Fri Feb 4 10:10:35 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 22:28 -0700, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> You do know that the style is...
>
> :: Local Groups :.
>
> and not...
>
> .: Local Groups :.
>
> or...
>
> :: Local Groups ::
>
> right?
>
> I just didn't know if you were going for symmetrical or not.

Because you asked in public, I guess I'll answer in public. Yes, the
assymetry is deliberate. It's a actually an element preserved from the
previous design. Most people probably haven't looked as closely at
either design as I have, but there are echoes of the previous in the
current. Just to preserve a little heritage. ;-)

Quite frankly, I think the design is generally pleasing but could still
use some work. I'm not going to say what I don't like about the design
as I suspect most Linux geeks won't notice. If you're among those that
do, however, I welcome patches and mock-ups... Okay, here's a start: I
don't like some details of the Plug logo. I'll provide source SVGs to
anyone that thinks they can improve it.

Please reply off list.

--
Stuart Jansen       sjansen at buscaluz.org       aim:StuartMJansen