Linux Memory Kung Foo

Josh Coates jcoates at archive.org
Fri Feb 4 08:28:37 MST 2005

>I was thinking something like strace that I could attach to the
>process, and look at all the memory segments of that running process..

if i understand you correctly, the process is no longer running and is no
longer in the process table.

if this is the case, i believe you are pretty much hosed.  the memory
associated with the process is probably on some queue somewhere waiting to
be recycled, and i am not aware of any way to access arbitrary physical
memory pages - though in the future you could hack the kernel to provide a
relatively simple syscall that would allow you to do this - but that won't
help you in your current situation.  :-(

Josh Coates
http://www.jcoates.org