Rotating mpeg video

Roberto Mello rmello at fslc.usu.edu
Thu Feb 3 22:16:20 MST 2005

Hi all,

I have a Sony DSC-V1 digital camera and it makes nice 640x480 mpeg movies.
My wife recorded one of these movies with the camera turned sideways,
failing to realize the movie would come out that way.

I'd like to rotate that movie around, even if I have to do some cropping,
but I don't know how to go about it. Seems like I'd have to export it to
some editable format and convert it back to mpeg. Suggestions?

I'd also like suggestions on how to create a DVD with menus pointing to
picture slideshows and short movies.

Thanks,

-Roberto