Utah Politics/Region

Josh Coates jcoates at archive.org
Thu Feb 3 10:44:29 MST 2005

on pot..

a 1998 study done by the National Institute of Justice found that out of the
convicts that were under the influence of drugs during the comission of
their crime, approximately 18.5% were under the influence of marijuana, and
15.2% were under the influence of cocaine or crack, and 5.6% were under the
influence of heroin.

note that the study didnt indicate whether or not the crime was violent or
not - but it's interesting that folks high on marijuana seem to be
committing (or at least getting convicted of) more crime than folks high on

Josh Coates