Don't buy Western Digital

Merrill Oveson moveson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 08:55:09 MST 2005

I had the exact same problem.  A WD drive of mine in a raid array server died.
When I went to do the RMA thing, I discovered that the drive only had
a one year warranty.  I replaced the drive with a seagate - they offer
a 3 year warranty.
I'm suspicious that the WD drives don't last as long on average as
other drives, hence the shorter warranty.  WD should really reconsider
their warranty policy as it iis costing them business, for example
mine!