Don't buy Western Digital

Doran Barton fozz at
Wed Feb 2 22:08:11 MST 2005

Not long ago, James Lance proclaimed...
> On the bright side WD will be happy to sell me a new drive at a marginally
> reduced price...  Looks like a good business plan if you are willing to buy
> their drives again.

Just another followup. Western Digital has an SE line which has 3 year
warranties. I've installed dozens of these in mirrored configurations in
Linux systems over the last 2-3 years without any significant problems.

fozz at is Doran L. Barton, president, Iodynamics LLC
 "Akita to Okinawa: Non-stop fright"
    -- Japan Airlines advertisement