Don't buy Western Digital

James Lance james at thelances.net
Wed Feb 2 17:40:10 MST 2005

I'm mostly venting here, but don't waste your money on western digital drives.
I bought a 120 gig last december and it failed on me this month.  Usually that
is no big deal, I've had drives fail in shorter amounts of time.

The problem is wd has a terrible warranty.  It is only one year long.  I know
the community (slashdot...) has raised a stink about this, but it just bit
me.  So I'm out a drive, and WD lost my business.

On the bright side WD will be happy to sell me a new drive at a marginally
reduced price...  Looks like a good business plan if you are willing to buy
their drives again.

--
James Lance