OT: CompUSA Collecting personal information / Is this a trend?

tuxgirl at gmail.com tuxgirl at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 22:09:47 MST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 09:41:15PM -0700, Art Pollard wrote:

> >I do not know of a culture or religion where one  considers drinking
> >alcohol during a formal dinner a true core value, something they believe
> >came to them in a revelation from God, something that has been at the core
> >of their religion, something that they believe has made their families and
> >communities strong and protected them from harm, something they would do
> >even when threatened with torture or death.

hopefully someone who knows more about this will chime in and make sure
that i'm not completely wrong...

If I remember correctly, there are Jewish festivals and such that
require the drinking of wine.  In addition, I know that in some
Christian religions, wine is used in a sense similar to the water in the
sacrament.  I believe that these two examples might fit the stipulations
that you list above.

Now, I agree with you that alcoholic beverages do cause harm to society,
but I would add that this happens primarily when it is drinken
irresponsibly.

Erin Sharmahd           TuxGirl at gmail.com
CS Student              Unix Users Group
PGP Fingerprint:
F352 FF41 EA0A 67E4 566B 3B5B E65A D3DC 083E 9336