OT: CompUSA Collecting personal information / Is this a trend?

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Tue Feb 1 13:26:13 MST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 12:49:17PM -0700, Kenneth Burgener wrote:
> From: Michael Halcrow
> >On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 10:40:56AM -0700, Neil Wyllie wrote:
> >> What's going on?  Why am I getting these emails all of a sudden?
> >> How do I turn them off?
> >
> >The PLUG admin pulled a Greg K-H.
>
> A what?

You need to keep up on your LKML traffic, dude.

Greg K-H is notorious for unilaterally changing things that break a
large number of modules/scripts/apps/etc.  In the last year, just to
name a few examples, he ripped out devfs from 2.6, zoinked the binary
PWC hooks, and broke Oracle, all without batting an eye.  But I would
have to say that I agree with his philosophy.  ;-)

Mike
"Hope is a waking dream."
 - Aristotle