OT: CompUSA Collecting personal information / Is this a trend?

Adam Peterson adamp at xmission.com
Tue Feb 1 12:46:43 MST 2005

And did you know that unless you specifically said to not allow it when
you registered your car, people can look up your license plate number on
the DMV's website and find out who you are?  *Everything* is public
record.  I could easily go and see which banks you took out mortgages
with, along with when and how much, among other things.

Adam