Slocate and rm

Soren Harward soren at byu.edu
Tue Feb 1 07:30:24 MST 2005

On Mon 31 Jan 2005 at 20:23:32, David Smith said:
> Or, this one (may be a bit faster):
>
>   $ for i in `slocate \~`; do rm -fv $i; done
>
> Thanks to Soren Harward for teaching me that little trick a few years
> back. I've used it at least once a week ever since I learned it.

Just to be on the safe side, you may want to use

     slocate -r '\~$'

instead so that it will delete only files that *end* with the tilde (though
I can't imagine why you'd have a tilde anywhere else).

--
Soren Harward <soren at byu.edu>
"It's not so much verbing that weirds language, as much as it is the