OSS coding Project - branched off from: Coding for a living - long

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Fri Dec 30 19:19:57 MST 2005

Hans Fugal wrote:

> I'm sorry, I had no intention of offense. It was simply intended as
> constructive feedback. You stated that you do it to annoy English
> majors, I pointed out it can annoy more than just English majors,
> including the target group. This is not a PLUG phenomenon. ESR addresses
> this fairly well somewhere IIRC, you can probably find it eventually by
> starting here: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html
> (Naturally, this will start a flame war about how nobody elected ESR to
> be the spokesman for our culture. Just be sure to change the topic, eh?)
>
> I also certainly did not wish to imply that anyone is offended by how
> you write, or that you are not welcome here. I believe that the
> reasonable response in case of annoyment (if that is a word) is to just
> skip the message and go on with life. Naturally some people will feel
> the need to pick nits, and we have all been "some people" at some time,
> and probably will be again. So at worst, we get flame wars. At best, a
> few people ignore posts. I ignore more than half of this list anyway, so
> I don't feel any guilt there. I ignore more than half of some other
> lists I belong to. I just don't have the time to read everything.
>
> Speaking of annoying people, I top-posted this. Maybe I'll mess with the
> Reply-To settings of the list too... nah.

   Hans,

hey, it's all cool.  I was trying to point out that it wasn't you
directly.  That's a bit hard to communicate in an email.  I think I
guessed right on yer intentions.  No probs here.

ME