OSS coding Project - branched off from: Coding for a living - long

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Fri Dec 30 17:51:41 MST 2005

I'm sorry, I had no intention of offense. It was simply intended as
constructive feedback. You stated that you do it to annoy English
majors, I pointed out it can annoy more than just English majors,
including the target group. This is not a PLUG phenomenon. ESR addresses
this fairly well somewhere IIRC, you can probably find it eventually by
starting here: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html
(Naturally, this will start a flame war about how nobody elected ESR to
be the spokesman for our culture. Just be sure to change the topic, eh?)

I also certainly did not wish to imply that anyone is offended by how
you write, or that you are not welcome here. I believe that the
reasonable response in case of annoyment (if that is a word) is to just
skip the message and go on with life. Naturally some people will feel
the need to pick nits, and we have all been "some people" at some time,
and probably will be again. So at worst, we get flame wars. At best, a
few people ignore posts. I ignore more than half of this list anyway, so
I don't feel any guilt there. I ignore more than half of some other
lists I belong to. I just don't have the time to read everything.

Speaking of annoying people, I top-posted this. Maybe I'll mess with the
Reply-To settings of the list too... nah.