Graphing packet loss

Dave dave at utwire.net
Fri Dec 30 11:00:02 MST 2005

Hans Fugal wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 at 20:27 -0700, Dave wrote:
>

>>You might find out an IP address to the Access point  he connects to.

You have to call your wisp to get the IP of the AP. It is probaly on
another subnet.

The next best thing is to ping the gateway, You should have a sub 50ms
ping time. Not sure what CPE you have but if you can login to it you
want most of them have a rating on signal quality, You need above a 45
rating.

Try pinging your Gateway, more then 1% packett loss is a bad thing.

If you are looking for some cool reading try googling "FAST tcp V3".

>No digis out here in Vernal. In fact, the only 802.11* signal I pick up

802.11 = 2.4

Sorry about the Digis flame, I think they a great company but not very
cooperative with other Wisp's. Just my expericane talking to several
other wisps. No I am not an ISP right now, but have been in the past.