Graphing packet loss

Dave dave at utwire.net
Thu Dec 29 20:27:01 MST 2005

You might find out an IP address to the Access point  he connects to.
Then you can ping the Access point, also ping someplace a few hops
beyond his ISP.  If you can ping the AP and loose packets at the ISP
level, the ISP is over provisioned. If you loose packets at to the AP it
could be a signal issue.  If he in using 2.4 spectrum, the problem is
almost for sure Digis noise pollution. Digis has ruined the 2.4 spectrum
here in the Utah with all their illegal signal levels.