Help For Independent Developers

Matthew Frederico mfrederico at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 11:57:58 MST 2005

> A few suggestions:

Thank you very much.

- Links should look like links, not like regular text. Don't make ask
>   myself "I wonder if that's a link".

Can you be more specific where this was confusing at?

- Editing the rate was non-intuitive. It seems like an overuse of AJAX.
>   The user should know when something has happened, it shouldn't catch the
>   user by surprise. If you really want to be clever with AJAX, then at
>   least change something in the page to let the user _know_ that he has
>   updated something.

Yeah, I've argued with myself about that one.  Not if, but WHERE ..
I need to put a status message at the top or something.  Good idea.

  Case in point: I couldn't figure out where you edited the rate. There
>   was no clear link "Edit rate", just the rate box. When I clicked on it,
>   nothing changed, but I could edit it. I wasn't sure if I had to push
>   something  to make the update "stick". So I typed (by accident) "5443"
>   and that automagically changed the rate to "5443.00" per hour, but I
>   didn't know that until I refreshed the page.

Hmm.. its supposed to update it everywhere (via ajax) .. I'll double-check
that one.

- A "Date" should be a date and look like a date, not a timestamp. Dates
>   don't have time.

I thought work dates are supposed to be timestamp-ish, we are counting hours
/ minutes here.  What did you have in mind?

Thanks Roberto, I appreciate your time and critique.

-- Matthew Frederico
http://www.ultrize.com
http://www.suspendedstudios.com