Setting up email for domain users?

Stuart Jansen sjansen at
Wed Dec 28 15:52:46 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 15:25 -0700, Steve wrote:
> I'm using Sendmail on a Gentoo box.

Have fun with that. My advice: switch to something else. Personally, I
recommend Postfix. Configuring Sendmail can be a beast.

> I've never figured out the whole POP or IMAP thing without
> giving every single person an account.

Sendmail isn't an IMAP/POP server. What are you using? Courier? Cyrus?
Dovecot? I recommend Dovecot. It's configuration is very similar to

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at
* ^From:.*sjansen@