Setting up email for domain users?

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Wed Dec 28 10:21:30 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 07:11 -0700, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
> What MUA are you using?

I think Wade meant to ask what MTA you're using. In other words, are you
using Sendmail, Postfix*, qmail, etc? (I don't know why people insist on
using MTA, MDA and MUA. They confused me for the longest time. Why not
just ask what email server a person uses?)

Of course, Wade already gave you the answer to your question:

> [S]et up email via virtual users, then a  system account is
> not necessary.

Unless of course you need to do some DNS (create an MX record) to point
at a different server. But that can wait until after you're read the
virtual user documentation for your MTA of choice.

* The correct answer, of course, is that you are or should be using
Postfix. ;-)

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com
* ^From:.*sjansen@