Setting up email for domain users?

Wade Preston Shearer lists at wadeshearer.com
Wed Dec 28 07:11:07 MST 2005

> Hello everyone,
> I would like to give a special class of users (mods and admins really)
> on my site their own @mydomain.com email address.
> But thats all, no other access to the server.  Just curious if anyone
> knows of any good tutorials for getting started on something like
> this.

They actually do not need any access to the server to have an email
account. A user does not need a standard unix user account (home dir,
etc) in order to have an email account. Standard unix users do have
email by default, but if set up email via virtual users, then a
system account is not necessary. What MUA are you using?