SuSE automount question

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Sun Dec 25 17:08:44 MST 2005

I put OpenSuSE 10 on my kids computer, and I'm having a little problem
with the automounter.  Since I'm new to SuSE and I don't usually use
automount nonsense, I don't know how to do this.

When they put a card from their card reader, it gets auto-mounted.
That's great, but then if they right-click it and choose "Unmount
Volume" it says:
umount: /dev/sda1 is not in the fstab (and you are not root)

It's not in fstab, and I don't know what script mounts it, so I don't
know where to add a "user" flag.  Asking my 4-year old to type "sudo
umount /media/usbdisk" seems like a bit much.

So anybody know how to make the automounted drives unmountable by
normal users in OpenSuSE 10.0?

Thanks,
Barry Roberts