Software Engineer III/IV

Wade Preston Shearer lists at wadeshearer.com
Thu Dec 22 18:21:59 MST 2005

Doba (www.doba.com), a fast growing web services company and the
online leader in product sourcing for small retailers, has an opening
for Software Engineer III/IV. Doba has created technology and
processes that facilitate data management, data dissemination,
product fulfillment, and transactions between product suppliers/
distributors/wholesalers and retailers/sellers. We primarily operate
a virtual warehouse based drop shipping service at
www.wholesalemarketer.com . Doba is always looking for talented
individuals ready to join a company with a strong culture that
supports training and development opportunities. We have a fast-paced
environment where innovation, creativity and results are valued.

Doba is seeking highly skilled and motivated Software Engineers to
join our engineering team who will be key contributors to the design
and development of our web site and online services. The Doba
Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation,
documentation, and maintenance of proprietary software and technology
systems; integrating third party solutions to Doba technology;
providing technical input to the product development process via
requirements gathering and prototype development.

Doba is particularly looking for candidates with expertise in the
following areas:

.	Software Architecture
.	Data Warehouses
.	Internet Applications Architecture
.	Web-based User Interface

ONLY CANDIDATES LOCAL TO UTAH WILL BE CONSIDERED.  Candidates willing
to relocate at their own expense may also be considered.

JOB REQUIREMENTS:  To be qualified for this position, candidates
should have extensive knowledge and hands on experience with Linux,
Apache, PHP, MySQL, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, and DHTML. Additionally,
candidates should be highly practiced in object-oriented design and
ready to lead a project through all phases of the software
development life cycle.

.	6+ years in software engineering

.	3 to 6 years in developing web based applications
	using PHP and MySQL

.	Rapidly write bulletproof code in PHP

.	Understanding of language idiosyncrasies and
	internal data representation

.	Able to independently and quickly design subsystems,
	groups of classes and inter-class relationships

.	Rigorously evaluate designs and envision several
	alternatives, design and execute system testing
	strategies, and estimate duration of medium projects

.	Coordinate a team of software engineers and mange
	medium projects  though complete life cycle and
	apply all corporate software development practices to
	medium-sized projects, mentor Software Engineers

.	BSCS Required

SALARY and BENEFITS:

Salary will be based on experience.

We offer a competitive benefits package which includes the following:

.	Medical and Dental Plan and Life Insurance

.	SIMPLE IRA Plan with company match

.	Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays

.	Company Sponsored Events and Activities

Email resume and links to work examples to Wade Shearer at
wshearer at doba.com.