Utopia!

Kelley Terry kbst at copper.net
Thu Dec 22 00:33:49 MST 2005

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 08:24 pm, Steve wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> I Finally got Utopia installed.
> The techs just left a couple hours ago and I've now had time to play.
Now that you've had a few weeks to play I'm wondering what your opinion is?
> The phone service is excellent, for my plan, I have unlimited
> nationwide calling, the phone service was also able to reuse the
> existing copper for the phones.  There is no way at all to tell
> anything has changed in this department other than the fact that I
> have a new phone number.  Which is OK because I still want to keep my
> cricket cell service.
I'm hearing bad rumors about the telephone service.  How's that part
of your service been?

> With MStar / Utopia, I have unlimited phone, internet and TV.
> I have the MStar top tier package which is going to run me $116 before taxes.
>
> http://www.mstarmetro.com/pricing/utopia.html
>
> So all in all I AM getting more service for less money.
> I hope you all find this information useful.

The pricing is great.  I'm signed to get MStar/Utopia installed this Tuesday.  I'm
opting for a limited package with internet with a 2 gig monthly cap and standard
phone service (long distance on a $.04/min. basis) at $42 + $5 tax =$47/mo.  That
will average about $3 more per month than I currently pay for Qwest phone and
56k dialup internet.  Before I commit to a year contract to get the free install I'd
like to know more about the phone service reliability.  Any comments from anyone
with experience with MStar/Utopia would be greatly appreciated.  I still have until
Friday to back out of the install.  Veracity won't be announcing any limited service
packages until next month.  Right now they're offering $70/mo. unlimited phone
and internet package.

--
It said use windows 95 or better so I loaded linux!
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates?