Best references for system administration

Scott Paul Robertson spr at
Wed Dec 21 18:40:01 MST 2005

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 05:15:23PM -0700, Carl Youngblood wrote:
> Can anyone recommend some essential references that will give me a
> crash course in these kinds of things, preferrably in order of
> priority?

A nice general linux book for network admining (and a bit of security)
is O'Reilly's 'Linux Server Security, 2nd Ed.'.[1] It does a good job
covering a lot of ground with the mindset of keeping things secure. It's
been really good to me.

Scott Paul Robertson