Distributed filesystems

Joel Finlinson joel.finlinson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 23:05:41 MST 2005

On 12/16/05, Shane Hathaway <shane at hathawaymix.org> wrote:
> Dan Hanks wrote:
> > Lately I've been looking into distributed/cluster filesystems and wanted

> About the hardware: if you're building a few terabytes, the best
> hardware deal I've found is at coraid.com.  My employer won't consider
> buying from them because they're not a huge company, but if everyone on
> the list buys from them, maybe coraid will grow and we'll be able to buy
> from them after all! ;-)
> Shane

       You've got too many pointed-haired-bosses at your employer?
They think that your company is smarter or more important than MIT?
More mission-critical than NASA?  Good grief!  www.coraid.com has a
pretty darn impressively list of highly recommended customers.  I
wouldn't mind having my company associated with those on their

Who Is Using EtherDrive Storage?   (partial list)
      National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
      Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
      U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
      University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR)
      National Supercomputing Center for Energy and the Environment (NSCEE)
      Pacific Northwest Labs (PNL)
      National Institute of Health (NIH)
      Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
      Purdue University
      University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)
      Universits di Pisa (Italy)
      National Information Infrastructure Development Program (NIIF) Hungary
      University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMASS)
      Utah State University (USU)
      Texas A&M University
      Indiana University School of Medicine
      McNeese State University
      State University of New York - Potsdam (SUNY)
      The Wave Media
      Baylor University
      Penn State
      Loma Linda University (LLU) School of Dentistry
      Mitre Corporation
      Byte Internet