Fedora Core 5 Test 1 Was: Re: suse question

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Wed Dec 14 22:04:39 MST 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 10:39:41PM -0600, Michael Halcrow wrote:

> I do have to say that setting up SE Linux as part of the installation
> process is marvelous. That is one big ``win'' for Red Hat in my book.

I think it's a horrible ``lose.''  Redhat has done a terrible job with
SE Linux, and is giving everyone a sour taste about it.  It's the
default, but it's not easily configurable, and the documentation is
poor.  When people have random problems, it takes them hours to track
them down to SE Linux, especially since Redhat hasn't provided any good
troubleshooting documentation.  If Redhat wants SE Linux to become an
everyday swear word, they should just keep trudging down their current
path.

(there's a tiny bit of hyperbole in there, but Redhat really has done a
bad job)

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/