Fedora Core 5 Test 1 Was: Re: suse question

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Wed Dec 14 21:39:41 MST 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 09:07:14PM -0700, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 20:19 -0600, Michael Halcrow wrote:
> > I had first installed Fedora Core 5-Test1
>
> So whats your first impression?  What do we have to look forward to?

Uh... well, more of the same. It works. To be honest, I haven't
noticed many fundamental changes since Red Hat 6.2. It has newer
versions of everything, as you might expect. It boots and detects all
my hardware, which is all I really want from it (that's largely the
kernel's job anyway). I just SSH in and build stuff on that box;
Debian is really my distro of choice for my workstation.

I do have to say that setting up SE Linux as part of the installation
process is marvelous. That is one big ``win'' for Red Hat in my book.

Mike
                         Michael A. Halcrow

"Aristotelian ethics, Aristotelian definitions, Aristotelian logic,
Aristotelian forms, Aristotelian substances, Aristotelian rhetoric,
Aristotelian laughter... ha-ha, ha-ha."
 - Robert Pirsig