suse question

Stephen Shaw sshaw at decriptor.com
Mon Dec 12 16:09:50 MST 2005

I add to the flame war, but more out of annoyance than anything else.
Everyone (for the most part) bashes suse like its the ugly red headed
step child.
When it comes to 'I did my homework', I say most of the time you didn't,
however that is probably because you are new to it and don't know where
to search.  Heck I don't for debain or gentoo and don't pretend to.
I think the fact that people don't like change doesn't help.
I'll admit it took some time to adjust, but I haven't had problems
finding reps for packages.  In fact I had one to update to kde 3.5 the
day after or so that it came out.  I currently have about 6 or so total.
There is even deb and yum on suse 10.

For those that don't have a clue/(I mean misjudge) opensuse 10 and suse
10 are the same freakin thing.  With the exception that you don't get
java and flash.  I believe that comes from licensing you have to pay to
include their software.  ummm...  kind of live H.264(work with it
before/off the top of my head) or dvd support.  Are you willing to pay
for that stuff.

I blame this on the hate of change.

Stephen
PS done venting for now :)