suse question

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Mon Dec 12 12:39:25 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 12:03 -0700, Michael Torrie wrote:
> You'll have to forgive Stuart.  He is apparently playing the role of a
> disgruntled Windows user today.  I mean windows has had setup.exe for
> years.  What's up with this RPM stuff? :)  An OS that makes you work?
> Say it ain't so.

That's hardly fair and you know it. I only turn to the list after I've
done adequate research and tried to solve the problem on my own.

Believe you me, if I were using Windows I'd be alot more disgruntled. I
have used Linux for years. It drives me crazy how little of my
experience can be applied to SUSE. Sure, I can make temporary changes,
but it takes longer if I want to make a change that will survive YaST &
SuSEconfig, And woe to the user that wants to do something SUSE's
engineers didn't envision! Sure, every distro has its quirk but I'm not
aware of any distro more perversely unique than SUSE.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com
* ^From:.*sjansen@