suse question

Michael Torrie torriem at
Mon Dec 12 12:17:59 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 12:08 -0700, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Why RPM when you can 'deb' or 'ebuild'?  Either one makes RPM or
> setup.exe look antique.  (/me dons asbestos suit)

Well as long as we're going to be predisposed to hate some distro, I
refuse to allow myself to ever like debian!  ebuilds maybe, but the .deb
and .rpm are almost 100% equivalent, as judged by the fact that all the
nice debian tools work with RPM also (and almost any package manager).
And as I approach my midlife crisis (well the age 30 crisis), I just
don't think I can afford to spend time compiling ebuilds.  I might die
of old age at any time.

> Shane
> /*
> PLUG:, #utah on