suse question

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Mon Dec 12 10:41:49 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 10:20 -0700, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> With any RPM-based distro, I always copy the contents of all of the
> install CDs to the hard drive.

I don't want to waste that much space. Better to just not use SUSE as my
primary disro. I plan on averaging 3 to 5 installs on this system at a
time, so disk will be at a premium.

> Also, are you using SUSE or OpenSUSE?  Even though I have access to
> licenses for "enterprise" SUSE, I prefer OpenSUSE just because it's
> easier to fetch from the net.

I'm using the purchased SUSE 10.0. I'm curious what you mean by "I
prefer OpenSUSE just because it's easier to fetch from the net." I
haven't had a chance to play with OpenSUSE yet. By "it" do you mean the
base system RPMs? Where do you get them? I expect they should be
compatible with my system.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com
* ^From:.*sjansen@