suse question

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Mon Dec 12 10:08:24 MST 2005

In an effort to learn more about SUSE and change my general opinion of
it, I have decided to force myself to use SUSE as my primary distro for
at least one month. (Given inertia after fully configuring a system,
probably longer if I can survive at least two weeks.)

So far things aren't going well. I'll spare you all the reasons SUSE is
driving me crazy, but there's at least one big one I need resolved if
I'm going to stick with this long term:

Does anyone know of an online repository I can use to install software,
preferably using yast? (Or whatever the SUSE community considers the
equivalent of yum/up2date and apt-get/aptitude.) Expecting me to have
the CDs ever time I want to install something is crazy. I've been poking
around for a day now, and so far I haven't been able to find a simple
online repository of SUSE 10.0 rpms.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com
* ^From:.*sjansen@