Linux compatible digital camera recommendations?

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Mon Dec 12 00:40:07 MST 2005

On Dec 11, 2005, at 11:12 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> I'm looking for a digital camera this Christmas, and it needs to be
> Linux
> compatible. My only requirement in addition to "takes descent
> pictures" is
> that it also takes descent video. Can anyone recommend one?
>
> --Dave

I've got a Fujifilm S 5000 that's great.  It shoots 640x480 video
with sound, though you need mplayer to play it back, IIRC.  It can
switch between acting as a USB storage device and camera mode when
you plug it into your computer.  It's also got 10x zoom.  It's an
older model, so you'd probably want to get the newer version.  I
bought mine secondhand when the previous owner upgraded, so I got a
good deal. :)

		--Levi