Linux compatible digital camera recommendations?

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Sun Dec 11 23:17:31 MST 2005

Dave Smith wrote:
> I'm looking for a digital camera this Christmas, and it needs to be Linux
> compatible. My only requirement in addition to "takes descent pictures" is
> that it also takes descent video. Can anyone recommend one?

Descent video? Like... for sky-diving? ;-)

I don't believe any still camera is going to take good video- not good
compared to a good DV camcorder.

Samsung makes some "hybrid" camcorders that also have still cameras built-in.
That might be something to look at.

As far as cameras go, most new models by Canon, Fuji, Nikon, etc. can be
mounted as USB mass storage. If not, you've always got the USB card readers.

I'm dying for a Fuji S5200.

  "Do not enter lift backwards, and only when lit up."
     -- Seen in a Leipzig elevator