Windows equivalent to a Linux product?

Kenneth Burgener kenneth at uvlug.org
Fri Dec 9 09:39:35 MST 2005

Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 21:45 -0700, Steve wrote:
>
>>However I need to find a VNC equivalent for XP.
>
> TightVNC is my preference.
> http://www.tightvnc.com/

I prefer RealVNC to TightVNC.

RealVNC
http://www.realvnc.com/

I have been told that TightVNC is supposed to be more stable and faster
then RealVNC, but my experience has shown the opposite.  It may be some
poor configuration I did with TightVNC, but none the less RealVNC has
never let me down.

If you have the option, I would recommend Windows Remote Desktop over
RealVNC and TightVNC, as it performs much better, plus it has some sort
of encrypted stream, where RealVNC (free) does not.

Kenneth