Serial port logging

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Thu Dec 1 09:54:20 MST 2005

On Dec 1, 2005, at 8:16 AM, jeff wrote:

> I have several systems that have their console redirected to serial
> and are connected to another machine (monitor).  I am able to use
> minicom to access all these, but I'd like to log everything that
> comes across the com port as well.  Any suggestions?

Lawrence Livermore National Labs has an open source utility called
'conman' that can read from local serial ports, or remote serial
ports via telnet to a serial concentrator device.  It logs all data
coming over the serial ports and allows you to open up interactive
sessions to them as well via the command line.  You can find it here:
http://www.llnl.gov/linux/downloads.html

		--Levi