Serial port logging

Nicholas Leippe nick at byu.edu
Thu Dec 1 09:44:31 MST 2005

On Thursday 01 December 2005 09:13 am, jeff wrote:
> No, I want them to log all the time.  I don't want to have to be in
> minicom for this to work.  Idealy, id like to tap into them with
> something like logger.

Sounds like you want some sort of bi-directional version of 'tee',
so you could tee the device to a file and leave the other end open to connect
with the client (screen sounds like it does something functionally similar,
although with a different mechanism).  I can't think off-hand of a way to do
this.  I'm sure it's been done before though.  What about regular tty
loggers?  I know I've seen tools that let an admin log all tty traffic, tools
which are external to the shell (but since I've never had the need, I didn't
pay close attention).

--
Respectfully,

Nicholas Leippe