Serial port logging

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Thu Dec 1 09:34:18 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 09:13 -0700, jeff wrote:
> No, I want them to log all the time.  I don't want to have to be in
> minicom for this to work.  Idealy, id like to tap into them with
> something like logger.

Would "screen" help?  Can't you run minicom with the logging enabled in
a screen session on the monitoring box? Then you can log in, grab the
screen session and interact with the console, then disconnect when
you're done.  I know this isn't what you want, but it may serve the same
purpose?  I take it you'll need a box to do the serial port monitoring
anyway.

Michael