OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Andy Bradford amb-plug at bradfords.org
Wed Aug 31 21:19:37 MDT 2005

Thus said Jon Gale on Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:12:46 MDT:

> Don't  even get  me started  on the  president. 9/11  ûush's Reichstag
> (should provide some fuel for the flame war)

You couldn't be referring to any of this could you:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=Bush+Reichstag&spell=1

>> We can put a man on the moon.
>
> hoax

This is a failure of the market.

>> We can send a probe to land on mars.
>
> hoax

Yet another failure of the market.

>> We can invent nuclear weapons.
>
> if by "invent" you mean steal someone else's idea

Again, here the market failed and required governmental intervention.

>> We can fly in the air.
>
> no we can't - but our airplanes can

This one is borderline failure. Thanks to the government's intervention,
and documents like the Patriot Act, our airlines are now safe.

>> We can cure most medical problems.
>
> like AIDS and cancer?

Again,  another  failure  of  the  market, I'm  still  waiting  for  the
government to provide solutions for these.

.
.
.

>> Then why in the hell can't I get more than 30mpg in my car?
>
> Because you sir, are living the American Dream!

It seems the American dream is built on market failures... Thank you for
awakening me to the sense of the dream.

Andy
--
GnuPG ID 0xA63888C9 (D2DA 68C9 BB2B 26B4 8204  2219 A43E F450 A638 88C9)
  9:19pm  up 72 days,  5:57,  2 users,  load average: 1.21, 1.19, 1.18