OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Andy Bradford amb-plug at bradfords.org
Wed Aug 31 21:19:37 MDT 2005

Thus said Jon Gale on Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:12:46 MDT:

> Don't  even get  me started  on the  president. 9/11  ûush's Reichstag
> (should provide some fuel for the flame war)

You couldn't be referring to any of this could you:

>> We can put a man on the moon.
> hoax

This is a failure of the market.

>> We can send a probe to land on mars.
> hoax

Yet another failure of the market.

>> We can invent nuclear weapons.
> if by "invent" you mean steal someone else's idea

Again, here the market failed and required governmental intervention.

>> We can fly in the air.
> no we can't - but our airplanes can

This one is borderline failure. Thanks to the government's intervention,
and documents like the Patriot Act, our airlines are now safe.

>> We can cure most medical problems.
> like AIDS and cancer?

Again,  another  failure  of  the  market, I'm  still  waiting  for  the
government to provide solutions for these.

>> Then why in the hell can't I get more than 30mpg in my car?
> Because you sir, are living the American Dream!

It seems the American dream is built on market failures... Thank you for
awakening me to the sense of the dream.

GnuPG ID 0xA63888C9 (D2DA 68C9 BB2B 26B4 8204  2219 A43E F450 A638 88C9)
  9:19pm  up 72 days,  5:57,  2 users,  load average: 1.21, 1.19, 1.18