OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Andy Bradford amb-plug at bradfords.org
Wed Aug 31 21:10:21 MDT 2005

Thus said Kenneth Burgener on Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:05:58 MDT:

> American's  are terrible  with change.  Always waiting  till everyone
> else has  changed, before changing your  self, even if the  change is
> better.

I  don't  know  if  this  is symptomatic  of  Americans  only.  Our  own
Declaration of Independence said it best:

``...  accordingly all  experience  hath shewn,  that  mankind are  more
disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves
by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.''

Of  course it  was  in reference  to  suffering the  evils  of too  much
government, but the same can be true of all things which require change.

> That is why I think we still have gallons of milk instead of liters of
milk.

But why do we have 2 liter bottles of water, carbonated drinks, etc...?

Andy
--
GnuPG ID 0xA63888C9 (D2DA 68C9 BB2B 26B4 8204  2219 A43E F450 A638 88C9)
  9:10pm  up 72 days,  5:48,  2 users,  load average: 1.29, 1.17, 1.17