OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Andy Bradford amb-plug at bradfords.org
Wed Aug 31 20:49:23 MDT 2005

Thus said James Clawson on Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:25:03 MDT:

> but  this is  not  the  government regulating  price  -  this is  the
> government refusing the import of products from an enemy nation.

This sure is a case of regulating price  if I ever saw one. They may not
have done  it with the intention  to regulate the price,  but the simple
fact  that they  are  keeping  products off  the  US  market that  would
otherwise be in competition with  US produced products means that prices
here are artificially higher due to this imbalance. Remember, someone on
this list did mention supply in demand... it applies here as well unless
I am mistaken.

Oh, and if  you think the government  is clean when it  comes to trading
with the enemy you might want to look into ``Merchants of Death: a study
of the international armament industry.''

Andy
--
GnuPG ID 0xA63888C9 (D2DA 68C9 BB2B 26B4 8204  2219 A43E F450 A638 88C9)
  8:49pm  up 72 days,  5:27,  2 users,  load average: 1.24, 1.33, 1.27