OT - Gas to hit 4.00

James Clawson jclawsonx at mac.com
Wed Aug 31 17:25:03 MDT 2005

On Aug 31, 2005, at 3:21 PM, Grant Shipley wrote:

> On 8/31/05, James Clawson <jclawsonx at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> No one in
>> the Federal Government or the governments of the respective states
>> has the responsibility or the AUTHORITY to control the price of
>> gasoline or of any other consumer product, or to impose MPG
>> restrictions on automobiles.
>>

> Hmm... Government can't control consumer products?  Last time I heard
> it was illegal to buy or use any product made in Cuba.

but this is not the government regulating price - this is the
government refusing the import of products from an enemy nation.
This falls specifically in the realm of one of the three primary
powers given to the Federal Government in the Constitution.  These
are defense, negotiation of treaties and trade agreements with
foreign powers, and the ability to regulate interstate commerce.