OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at carnageblender.com
Wed Aug 31 17:01:55 MDT 2005

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:37:11 -0600, "Kenneth Burgener"
<kenneth at uvlug.org> said:
> Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> > That's called "avoiding the bleeding edge."  There's good reasons for
> > taking that approach, ones that are hardly unique to Americans.
> > -J
>

> I hardly think that the metric system is "bleeding edge".  It has been
> around for how many centuries?

You clipped off the part I was replying to, which was "American's [sic]
are afraid of change... [rant on change-fearing luddites, blah blah
blah.]"

As for a grass-roots incrementalist approach to switching measuring
systems in particular, hey, have at it.

-Jonathan