OT - Gas to hit 4.00

James Clawson jclawsonx at mac.com
Wed Aug 31 17:00:01 MDT 2005

I concur.  My grandparents are incredibly self reliant - they have a
great talent for growing food and maintaining their homes, vehicles,
etc.  They live in Beaumont Texas and have been flooded out of their
home several times, have had their home damaged by a tornado, and
have had to survive terrible financial loss due to these issues and
also to health problems.  Yet, they have always been able to take
care of themselves.  They make or grow most of what they need to
survive, and what they do have to buy, they make last for many years.

I remember when gas was rationed in the 1970s and my parents modified
their car to run on a blend of gasoline and ethanol.  We were able to
survive that situation.  As I filled my car up at $2.74 yesterday
afternoon, I wondered how hard it would be to make the same
modification to my vehicle....