UTA isn't a solution for everyone

dtwarnick at mmm.com dtwarnick at mmm.com
Wed Aug 31 16:38:54 MDT 2005

>On 8/31/05, Steve <smorrey at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Bus goes just about everywhere you need in this county anyways.
>
>Which county was that again? I'm with you that we should invest in
>public transportation rather than driving everywhere ourselves. But
>public transportation in Utah County is lacking, to say the least.
>
>Jacob Fugal

Lacking is an understatement. Two of my most recent trips to other parts of
the country (Boston MA and Champaign IL) confirmed to me that public
transit on the wasatch front is lacking. The nearest bus stop to my home (I
live at the mouth of American Fork canyon) is about 6 miles away. For me to
get to work and home using public transportation requires 6 transfers and
12 miles of bike riding. :-(
-Derek