OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Wed Aug 31 16:31:47 MDT 2005

Steve wrote:
> Problem is that the entire Bush/Cheney fortunes were built on Oil, and
> still is largely dependent on it.
> To vote in a president who makes money on oil, is to invite policies
> that cause oil to go up in price.

I understand where you're coming from, but it's a fallacious concept. If it
were true, it would be grounds for impeachment.

The truth is that because Cheney and Bush have industry experience in the
energy industry, they have a much better idea of what needs to be done to
understand and resolve the issues related to energy production in this country.

Why is it that no new oil refineries have been built in this country in the
last 20 years? Why is it very few power plants have been constructed in
recent years? Why is it there have been no new nuclear power plants built?
Why is it that companies are not being allowed to tap newly discovered oil
reserves in Alaska?

This is why: Environmentalist wacko liberals.

*pulls Asbestos mask over head*

  "Serving suggestion: Defrost."
     -- Seen on frozen dinner packaging