OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Jon Gale donjuanica at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 16:12:46 MDT 2005

> Does our government not realize this is killing the average American?

Killing as in death? I think not. It's painful to say the least (my last
fillup was $60+) but I'm surviving as I suspect most of you are. I think it
is just forcing people to re-evaluate their priorities. I can keep my
gas-guzzling Yukon or I can go see 3 crappy movies every month (with
popcorn). Incidentally I have chosen to sell my Yukon in favor of a sweet
Hyundai (oxymoron).

Has the president even made a comment about how this is hurting
> families?

Don't even get me started on the president. 9/11 = Bush's Reichstag (should
provide some fuel for the flame war)

We can put a man on the moon.

hoax

We can send a probe to land on mars.

hoax

We can invent nuclear weapons.

if by "invent" you mean steal someone else's idea

We can fly in the air.

no we can't - but our airplanes can

We can cure most medical problems.

like AIDS and cancer?

We can now communicate instantly anywhere in the world.

as long as they have a computer and an internet connection

We can watch live sporting events from anywhere in the world.

see above

Then why in the hell can't I get more than 30mpg in my car?

Because you sir, are living the American Dream!

-J