OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Wed Aug 31 16:12:31 MDT 2005

Grant Shipley wrote:
> The problem is that we are to reliant on oil.  If we were unable to
> get gas/oil - our society would collapse.  This is a problem that
> needs to be address in one way or another.

Another problem is that we are to (sic) reliant on water and breathable
air. If we were unable to get water/air - our society would collapse
(literally). This is a problem that needs to be address (sic) in one way
or another.

I mean, come on! Can you imagine someone writing a column in a newspaper
in the early 1800s: "We are too reliant on steam! If we were unable to
get steam, our society would collapse!"

Or, imagine in 30 years: "We are too reliant on hydrogen!" or "We are
too reliant on zero-point energy!"

  "A new swimming pool is rapidly taking shape since the contractors have
   thrown in the bulk of their workers."
     -- In an East African newspaper